General

1. Thumbnail for Folders

It would be great to have Thumbnails for Folders.

These could be somehow generated automatically (or use the last picture) or at least to select it manually in the properties together with the folder description.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please provide tag-search behaviour as in 2.x Version

As in Version 2.x I could enter the tag-names in the search-text-field indicate with a "plus" before and tagspaces looked up all files with this tags in it

"+ebook +gradle"

"+" indicates a tag

The case of the search tag was ignored. I could search like this with all the same result:
    "+ebook +GRAdle"
    "+Ebook +Gradle"

Now I have to enter these tags in a separate search field. Is there a technical reason for this change? Please provide this old fast and easy way to search for the information again in >=3.x Version.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Vector file thumbnails, please

Right now Tagspaces seems unable to view any thumbnails of vector files: CDR, AI, EPS, WMF, SVG, etc. It can see previews, but I'd rather not have to click on a thumbnail to see them since it slows down my design process (I have thousands of vectors & use many in each project).

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. new Files: Determine Save Location from Tags

New Created Files Save-Location should be determined from tags. Lets say you tag a folder with tag "tagspaces", then a new created File should automaticly has this folder pre - selected as save-folder in the create dialog. If there are more directory matches, than show all of them for selection.

This would help me to search deeply in my folder structure for the right folder for new Files.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Tag Search not case Sensitive

Please ignore case when Searching for Tags. The Searchfunction for Tags in 3.0.1 is case sensitive. Or make a property for case ignore for searches.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Get TagSpaces to work on Samsung Chromebook Plus

The Google Play Store says that TagSpaces isn't compatible with my Samsung Chromebook Plus. This probably relates to the "new" functionality in ChromeOS to run Android apps. I would like to use TagSpaces to replace Evernote, but right now using my Chromebook is a "must have" so this problem is a deal-breaker.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The .json sidecar file should be in SAME folder as the index file.

As author mention-ed, now if I move the file to another folder, the .ts/file.json file IS NOT moved at the same time!

but if the .json file is in the same folder as the index file, when we move a file (suppose the list is arragned by name), then we can move the index file and the .json file together easily!

e.g.

file1.jpg
    file1.jpg.json

it's very easy to use ctrl to select both file and move to other place together.

but now,
    file1.jpg
    .ts/file1.jpg.json

I have to do much more to move both files to the same place, and may…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Combined search

Great program! Like other users suggest, allow the user to combine search tags. For example, when a user clicks on a tag on the left, the searchlist is reduced to this selection, and the tag itself now appears in a different color, indicating it is selected. Now when the user clicks on another tag, the search list is further refined to those items that include both tags and the second tag appears also in the other color, so the user can clearly see which two tags he has combined. The ability to combine a search now seems only possible when…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. make Tagspaces' UI much more responsive

I've tried Tagspaces before, 4 or 5 months ago or so, and now look at it again (version 2.1.1, with W 8.1 64bits). My main gripe with it is the incredibly slow user interface. Apart from the fact that the listing of folders in the FolderViz. (what the heck is a 'FolderViz.???) is completely unusable as it is a cloud of thousands of elements which cannot all be displayed on one screen. It takes minutes before the folder is even shown, with only three flashing dots as feedback. And I've only one folder connected to tagspaces!
    When I choose 'Show…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Don't reinvent the wheel! Use metadata systems that work!

Your application has great potential. But...

Do not use the file name to store metadata! File names should not contain any user generated information. Storing metadata has numerous problems: security, privacy, non-portability, just to name a few.

If you are going to support every kind of file, then you should use what is already there. Audio, video, image and document files already contain metadata. You have to read that metadata and import it to your application. Don't force the user to reenter all of it.

Besides format specific metadata, there's also multiformat metadata. It's called XMP. It's even an international…

198 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1-add tagspace to right click menu 2-ctrl+A : select ALL 3- folder taging

1-add tagspace to right click menu(to immediately add tags to files and folders)
    2-in the program menu when ctrl+A : select ALL
    3- add ability to taging the folders

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. OCR-Engine Integration - Make PDFs searcheable, Autoconvert Pics to PDF, Ect.

As there are many free and OS libarys for OCR available, this would be a great and very promising feature!
    For larger amounts of PDFs/Scanned Documents in picture file formats, a batch/bulk OCR and pic to PDF conversion would be essential, especially for the many ppl here who want to use it as DMS!
    A full text search function can integrate with this OCRed content!

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Tag hierarchy

It would be nice if tags could be added in hierarchy. Eg. if I add a tag "daughter" to picture, the tag "family" would also be present (depending on the hierarchy of tags of course :) ).

169 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Create 'QuickTag' Groups and/or be able to select multiple tags at once

When you want to add multiple tags to a file or files, right now you have to individually select each tag and apply it to the file. I think what could be more efficient is to create 'QuickTag' groups that would allow you to apply every tag in the group to a file or files. This could make it much easier to apply commonly used tags. Another approach would be just to add a function to the current 'Tag Group Operations' menu to apply all the tags in that Tag Group to the file or files. Alternatively, you could accomplish…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Explorer context menu integration

Like a Send-to Tagspaces menu in right click menu. With options to move or copy files, and maybe other important menu points i dont think of ATM.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. search in text content files

must have an option to find in whole content of files.

187 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Copy/Paste tags

Copy/Paste tags by ctrl+c/ctrl+v from a file to another (smart way to add tags between similar files)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Auto-save notes while editing (explicit 'Save' not required)

Auto-save has become common on desktop notetaking and editing applications, because of the risk of app crashes, OS crashes, running out of battery on laptops, etc. OpenOffice and Word now have this by default, and even more obscure apps like Inkscape offer it in Settings. Same for web apps like Google Drive.

It's actually hard to force myself back into the motions of hitting Ctrl+S every few minutes in TagSpaces; would prefer to have it save automatically as I type.

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 'Time Planner' window mode.

Present items containing 'date/time' tags in an 'agenda' or 'calendar' view. Tagspaces as a weekly planner!

The idea is to leverage date/time tags with an extension to the existing Smart Tag system (which is already good and should remain).

When I create a note or download a file that I want to work on next Tuesday, for example, I could tag with the date and the time (and possibly a duration, such as '2 hours').

Then I could click on 'agenda' and view a 5 or 7-day calendar-style planner, where I can scan all of the items that I've scheduled…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base